User Login

TipidCP.com is the premier forum and trading portal of the Filipino mobile phone enthusiasts. Got something to say, sell, or buy? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Samsung P1000 Galaxy Tab

• Android 3.0 would be great. But I am really more worried about the absence of support for the 7-inch screen size.

Whether 2.3 or 3.0 is really fine with me but it would be nice to have app developers creating programs for this screen size.
  • Mga sir paano nyo i close ang 3g sa tb?
  • Go to Settings ---> Wireless & Network ---> Mobile Networks ---> Disable use Packet Data

Or

Put the device on flight mode.
  • Ok sir thanks. Isa pa po kung di ko naman i close ang 3g, kahit b di ako nag online gumagano pa din sya? Baka kasi mag exceed ako sa 1.5gb na allotment e
  • Ok sir thanks. Isa pa po kung di ko naman i close ang 3g, kahit b di ako nag online gumagano pa din sya? Baka kasi mag exceed ako sa 1.5gb na allotment e
  • SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 10.1
    <click here for link>

10.1" Display (1280x800)
    1GHz Dual Core Processor
    Dual Surrond sound speakers
    HD recording & Full HD playback
    8MP AF rear facing & 2MP front facing camera
    4G (SPA + 21Mbps)
    Android 3.0 Honeycomb
    Google services (Google Books, G-talk video chat, Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Maps, Google Latitude, etc.)
    10.1 Flash support full browsing
    A-GPS (Google Turn-by-turn Navigation support)
    Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n

review by engadget:
    <click here for link>

-- edited by dared on Feb 14 2011, 11:03 AM
  • @smugler

Are you getting data billings on top of your Plan... I get charged for Data even if I am on a unlimited plan and do not exceed 1.5GB.
  • wow, ang ganda ng sgt 10".. lupit ng specs, yari si ipad 2 hehe.. kaso 10" talaga is too big for me, siguro pag nag pricedrop na to baka sakali hehe.. ganda!

@ smug

notorius ang android sa pagconnect sa net lalo na if madami kang widgets like facebook, twitter, mails etc.. off mo na lang yung notifications mo and yung background data mo.
  • 10.1 screen ... hindi na ito practical 1st bulky na ito sa bag or sa pocket so hindi na ito pwedeng inconsider as pocketable gadget...if your not satisfied with the excellent features of SGT siguro it is about time mag laptop or netbook ka na lang he he he... How could you say "portable gadget ang 10.1 ni hindi nga ito kasya sa back pocket ng mga jeans natin ... maganda, malaki at bagong uso pero practical ba para sa daily use??

-- edited by jasy306 on Feb 14 2011, 02:06 PM

-- edited by jasy306 on Feb 14 2011, 02:11 PM
  • I also prefer the 7-inch size.... but Apple, Motorola, Samsung and the others do market research. I guess the majority wants 10-inch tablets.
  • Wrong post.

-- edited by ral on Feb 14 2011, 02:49 PM
  • we owners should rejoice since ang ilalabas pala ng samsung is 10.1, so marami pa ding ibibigay ang sgt na di kaya ng mga upcoming tablets.
  • Sir how can i turn off notification and background data? Sensya na po talagang noob. Kanini ko pa hinahanap di ko makita
  • @smug

settings > accounts and sync then iuncheck mo na lang if nakacheck.

or download APNdroid from the Marketplace so you can manually turn on/off 3G internet connections

-- edited by pkeaarcle on Feb 15 2011, 10:17 AM
  • yesterday sumaglit ako sunshop sa mega, to check yung sgt wala pa sila brochure but nung tinanong ko yung agent sabi nya available na nga daw sa kanila yun for plan 2500 free daw ung tablet for 30 months, the question lang is ano-ano yung mga features nung plan na yun..,

also while reading bulletin kahapon i saw the ads na avilable na din sgt sa globe free for plan 2499 same questions lang ano-ano mga features.., for that 24 months ata lock in period

kung alam nyo po sana paki answer.., undecided pa kasi eh!

wala kasi kong kakilala na smart users
  • @Smug

Go to Settings ---> Wireless & Network ---> Mobile Networks ---> Disable use Packet Data
  • @neo

Having billing problems with the Smart Data Plan 2000 right now, but it is an unlimited internet plan. Globe's Plan 2499 is mainly a call plan, where you either use Php5/15 minutes 3G or add on another Php999 for unlimited data (until April 30, regular price is Php1,200).

Maybe wait a bit and see how my Smart Plan 2000 works out.

At this plan, Tab is 4K plus 2K per month for 24 months.

-- edited by ral on Feb 15 2011, 12:07 PM
  • @ ral

kindly update me or the thread regarding SMART's "unlimited with quota" plan, how you were billed etc.

About Smart�s FAIR USE POLICY

Smart understands your need for fast and reliable mobile browsing, and intends to provide you with high-quality service. The Fair Use Policy aims to clarify the proper terms of usage of our broadband service so that all of our subscribers can enjoy the best mobile Internet experience.

Conditions covering FAIR USE POLICY

This Fair Use Policy allocates 1.5Gb per month of mobile browsing usage for you to enjoy Smart�s superior 3G/HSPA network. Subscribers who exceed the fair use allocation may experience reduction in speed for the duration of the billing cycle of their subscription.

o Web browsing and access to certain applications such as messaging, social networks, games, utilities, and the like, on the mobile phone are generally accepted behaviors for mobile Internet and are covered by this Fair Use Policy.

o The 1.5Gb allocation of the Fair Use Policy applies only to mobile browsing. Value Added Services (VAS) such as push email, messaging and BlackBerry services usage consumption are not covered by the Fair Use Policy.

o International data charges are also not covered by the Fair Use Policy since using data services while connected to international networks are billed separately and according to the roaming network�s pricing guidelines.

Ensuring FAIR USE POLICY for all

Smart intends to preserve the integrity of the network in order to provide ALL subscribers with high quality mobile data services. Smart reserves the right to suspend or terminate service to customers whose improper or abusive use of mobile browsing may jeopardize our ability to deliver the best customer experience to the other subscribers. Smart also reserves the right to modify the FAIR USE POLICY without prior notice in order to maintain the integrity of its network services.

Subscribers who exceed the fair use allocation may experience reduction in speed for the duration of the billing cycle of their subscription.

so, dapat you won't be charged kung lumampas ka sa 1.5gb, babagal lang ang connection mo.

UNLESS

o The 1.5Gb allocation of the Fair Use Policy applies only to mobile browsing. Value Added Services (VAS) such as push email, messaging and BlackBerry services usage consumption are not covered by the Fair Use Policy.

accessing your EMAILS will NOT be covered in this plan. Meaning, you have to force stop your SGT from accessing gmail all the time.

this is very confusing kasi bago ko pa to nalaman, all day ako connected sa net, nakasync ang mail ko, bukas ang messenger ko pero nung dumating ang bill ko, 2000 lang ang binayaran ko. this is not my primary phone kaya more or less mga 50 sms and around 3-5 mins of call lang nagamit ko during that period.
  • Value Added Services is the point of contention. Basically, for example if your Tab access Gmail, the email service is provided for free by Google... Smart provides the data connection. We have to find out if Smart considers this to be a Value Added Service.

In reality it works independently of Smart. Remove the SIM from your Tab, connect to WiFi and your email will Sync.

This is different from BlackBerry push email, messaging and BlackBerry service which do not use the 3G connection at all and cannot be used via WiFi. It is really a separately paid for service.

If Smart charges for email synchronization, that Globe is much better and we got a bad deal:

Smart Cap: 1.5GB month than slowdown.
    Globe Cap: 800MB per day than cut-off.

Smart allowed use: Web Browsing and some applications but maybe not including Google Sync (Gmail/Contacts/Calendar).

Globe allowed use: From Globe's website - Super Surf addresses the need for affordable and reasonable rates for data services. This is a new add-on data plan that offers unlimited chatting, downloading, emailing and surfing wherever you go. This service is available to both Postpaid and Prepaid subscribers.

Super Surf is available as a Regular offer and BlackBerry offer.

For BlackBerry, Super Surf allows subscribers to enjoy unlimited surfing, emailing, chatting, social networking on the BlackBerry APN only. Subscribers on Super Surf for BlackBerry cannot do video streaming and tethering. Should subs stream and tether, they will be charged on top of their subscription P0.15 per kb.

Globe even allows their data plan to be used as a modem for a laptop, except BlackBerry plans.

Lets see what happens but I am starting to feel like Smart is stuck with the concept of

1. Talk
    2. Text
    3. Web browsing through a browser.
    4. Some applications. I have been told not to use the Opera Mini browser for now for example.

The ones having the most problems are those who availed of the Nokia N8's from Smart.

Remember you should not use your Tab as a hotspot.

Globe offers:

Smartphone friendly plans. Whatever your phone does it is covered.

Was hoping to find details on Suns offering so opened a thread here but no one seems to be interested: <click here for link>

I contacted a Congressman who is interested in coming up with regulation so that these plans are more transparent. You guys interested?

-- edited by ral on Feb 15 2011, 02:08 PM
  • this is very confusing kasi bago ko pa to nalaman, all day ako connected sa net, nakasync ang mail ko, bukas ang messenger ko pero nung dumating ang bill ko, 2000 lang ang binayaran ko. this is not my primary phone kaya more or less mga 50 sms and around 3-5 mins of call lang nagamit ko during that period.

By the way, did you receive any email?
  • By the way, did you receive any email?

will check later, my inbox is flooded with forum/facebook notifications ;)
  • Maybe it is okay to use Google/Gmail Sync but not the default Samsung Email client than?

-- edited by ral on Feb 15 2011, 02:49 PM
  • hi
    tried to unlock my sgt..
    i used the tutorials na nagamit na po ng ibang users...
    but, i stuck with supermanager, sa settings, i cant check the enable root function, it says,
    the root function in this program is not supported..
    pano po kayao too?
    anyone tried unlocking their SGT??
  • @ ninoy

ang alam ko sir si geo lang ang nakagawa nyan na active dito sa thread, gusto ko nga din i-try yan kaso takot ako.. check mo xda for help.. sana wag mabrick si tab mo.
  • HTC has a Galaxy Tab competitor: <click here for link>
  • Naka Sun Call and Surf Unlimited 999 plan ako, not sure kung may CAP kasi constant naman yung speed at mabilis. ginagamit ko nga sya for tethering eh.
  • hahaha
    naka sun din ako sa iphone ko and its 24/7 push email... wala naman akong nakikitang difference sa bill ko... will sell this phone and get this tab pag nagka budget ako...
  • @wamps what program do you use for your push mail?
  • mga tsip! bakit ganun, hindi ako maka-login sa tipidcp.com using default browser. nagkaroon din ba kayo problem na ganun?

at, yung hero of sparta ko, ayaw mag continue nung games. dapat restart lagi.. napilitan tuloy akong iroot, pero ganun parin.

help please! thanks.
  • Am able to log into TPC with my default Browser. Only problem is I have some compatibility problems with an old Lynksys WiFi router I use in the office. I have to change the name of the access point overtime I want to connect. No problem with the Globe Aztech router at home.

Browse Items

Search TipidCP

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys