User Login

TipidCP.com is the premier forum and trading portal of the Filipino mobile phone enthusiasts. Got something to say, sell, or buy? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Official Samsung Galaxy S II (Check Page 1 for FAQs) **

• that's why I'm holding back up to the end of the year if ever I'm buying an sgs2 unit, to sort of figure out the bugs and hopefully they're all fixed by then. usually first few batches may mga problems talaga. minsan swertihan sa unit.

or sir, maybe you could get the one with new packaging if it ever comes here. <click here for link> june 8. 2011 na post yung video ng unboxing ng SII india sa youtube. dunno if packaging lang yung bago or pati hardware na replace na. I'm coming from sony ericsson phones kasi, usually naman kasi puro frimware issues lang naman nare report tapos na aayos din naman after ilang weeks/months with updates. Experience ko lang yun with SE.

Nag taka ako bakit yung box sa india version mas maganda or mas "costly"
    Yung box ng SGS1 was made with better quality stuff even the printing was better, sa SGS2 parang china phone yung printing and box haha!

wag na magreklamo, cost cutting sa packaging siguro para mapababa yung total price ng phone, pag ginandahan yung box baka maging P30,000 flat yung price. P10 savings din yun >_< lolz
  • Hi Guys, wow page 53 na wew...

Guys na mention na ba dito pag gamit ng LCD test ng SGS2 ( dial *#0*# ).
    Yan ba ginamit nyo to test yellow tint issues etc?

• Hi Guys, wow page 53 na wew...

Guys na mention na ba dito pag gamit ng LCD test ng SGS2 ( dial *#0*# ).

You might wanna back read a few pages as a courtesy to this thread and its posters.
  • Guys na mention na ba dito pag gamit ng LCD test ng SGS2 ( dial *#0*# ).

yes i did that also to test it. pero you also have to lower the brightness of the phone. di lang yellow, may red din na tinting issue. 4 of us confirmed if i'm correct? i bougt 2 units kasi, when i got home and test the other unit for defects, i compared it side by side. same brightness, wallpapers, settings and anything i can think of. don ko lang napansin na mamula mula yung lower half screen ng 2nd phone pag naka open notification bar. if i only got one and had the phone with red tinting. i wouldn't have know it was an issue since i have nothing to compare it with.

siguro best bet is to ask for a demo/test unit and compare both phones before buying. you could also check the other ways to check for tinting posted by other users.
  • Actually the yellow tint issue does not require any artificial testing like dropping the brightness as it is visible on all brightness levels even upto 100%, its really noticeable in greys/whites but still there in other colors but not that pronounced.

Nung nag compare ako sa aero and some other stores lahat ng stocks may yellow tint but I saw 1 unit na sobrang faint, I would have considered that screen extremely acceptable.

EDIT:

Also i initially thought that the yellow tinting is only visible with the camera but after an experience with several other units it does not take a camera or any artificial scenario to see the issue. Also on my first unit the red tint was actually drowning the yellow tint hence I thought my unit had almost no yellow tinting.

-- edited by Demo on Jul 05 2011, 01:53 AM
  • I guess my eyes aren't trained to recognize these issues. Without another unit to compare it with, its all ok to me. But the pinkish subkey @Demo mentioned way back, I can cleary see that on my phone.

• I guess my eyes aren't trained to recognize these issues. Without another unit to compare it with, its all ok to me. But the pinkish subkey @Demo mentioned way back, I can cleary see that on my phone.

Thats actually good if you cant see the issue, it means it wont bother you at all..
    Just for my own data gathering are you able to post a picture of your phone with a dropped notification bar just fit the entire phone in the photo. Thanks!

Yung capacitive buttons I've only seen a single phone na maxadong bright + white, most of the phones ive tried has the same result.

-- edited by Demo on Jul 05 2011, 02:07 AM
  • @Demo

Just for my own data gathering are you able to post a picture of your phone with a dropped notification bar just fit the entire phone in the photo.

I shared a picture of my home screen way back. For the notification bar, will do one right now.
  • honestly ako din naman it's not an issue for me. kung di ko lang need mabenta yung 2nd phone with red tint, it wouldn't be an issue for me, i'd still use it. Nagamit ko na kasi yung isang phone tapos na customize at na install na ng mga apps. hirap din magbenta tapos ire return sayo the next day because of defects, hassle.

hmmm both phones ko naman hindi "white" yung subkeys, even the one with no issues for me. kailangan ba talaga white na white?

• hmmm both phones ko naman hindi "white" yung subkeys, even the one with no issues for me. kailangan ba talaga white na white?

No the subkeys dont need to be that white, its not as white as the SGS1's subkeys. this is probably to save even more power when using BLN.

honestly ako din naman it's not an issue for me.

Thats great because you can enjoy the phone, my expectations should be your personal basis.

• I shared a picture of my home screen way back. For the notification bar, will do one right now.

Maybe i missed it, sorry.
  • one disappointment din para sa akin was there was no LED notification. It was one key feature i needed, specially pag busy ka tapos di mo alam kung may nagtext or you missed a call. pero it's my fault naman for not reading the specifications. i'm not blaming samsung this time.hehehe i just expected it to be a standard feature for phones theses days.

para di naman puro "issue" or negative. i love the "Panorama" shot of the camera. I'm not into digicams/dslrs/photography kasi, kaya amaze na amaze ako playing with it.hehehe

-- edited by Pryor on Jul 05 2011, 02:39 AM
  • hmmm both phones ko naman hindi "white" yung subkeys, even the one with no issues for me. kailangan ba talaga white na white?

For me its a non-issue.
  • Notification Bar:

External Image

I really need to buy a tripod

-- edited by craigsoul on Jul 05 2011, 02:41 AM
  • @Pryor

When BLN is available for SGS2 you can use that, Been using it with my SGS1.

@craigsoul
    I see a yellow tint sa screen mo, notice how darker the left side is compared to the right. Pero di ganun ka problematic. Id say its roughly better to the one I have now.

Also I might be using your pics as an example else where.

Anyway goodnight!

-- edited by Demo on Jul 05 2011, 03:01 AM
  • guys pa help naman bakit ganon kabilis maubos battery ko 5 hours ko palang ginagamit eh down to 50% na xa..what will i do....
  • Samsung working on a WP7 version of the Galaxy S II?

<click here for link>
  • guys pa help naman bakit ganon kabilis maubos battery ko 5 hours ko palang ginagamit eh down to 50% na xa..what will i do....

Same here.
  • @demo

It maybe that I shot it at an angle. Will do another one later

-- edited by craigsoul on Jul 05 2011, 06:58 AM
  • good AM mga sirs, tanong ko lang po yun mga nagkareceive ng units from globe may mga issues din po ba kayo sa mga screen? ano pala firmware nyo out of the box.
  • got the fix to my post.

-- edited by bedaboy on Jul 05 2011, 07:18 AM
  • Lahat naman may yellow tint issue
  • @bedaboy

Beda? Hehe
  • Gusto ko talaga bumili ng sgs2 kaya lang ang dami rin pala problems ng phone. Ang ganda pa naman ng mga reviews niya. The best phone out there as today. Wait na lang muna siguro after a month or two kapag fix na ang mga issues bago ako bumili.
  • ^

Di naman ako bothered sa mga issues nya kasi lahat naman ng units meron. Masaya pa din ako dito hehe
  • I went to samsung service center kahapon to try and get a technical report for the replacement. Ang issue na sinabi ko ay yung strong blue/green color shift kapag naka-angle or tilt yung phone ko. Pero ang problem yung nag-iisa nilang phone na pang test ay may ganun din na issue! haha. Dun ako sa MOA nagpunta. I'm pretty sure not all SGS2 phones has this issue base sa mga videos sa youtube at sa isang demo phone na nakita ko dati sa isang stall sa greenbelt. Balikan ko ngayun at try ko kunan video tapos yun ang ipapakita ko sa kanila.

^
    update your Firmware and calibrate your battery.
  • me mga issues tong phone nato??? eh ang ganda ng mga reviews nito db? talo pa nga daw nito ang iphone4...kya nga im eyeing on this unit kaya sumilip ako dito sa forum... medyo mahal pa nga lang kaya ipon mode pa.........
  • ^

Yup. Mostly screen issues
  • magandang umaga mga sgsii users...haaay until now mga known issues pa ren napaguusapan dito mukhang swertihan ang pagkuha ng matitinong sgsii units ah...

for the yellow tint issue...for those guys who cant spot the yellow tint issue try to capture an image of our phone with a grey background or pull down the notification bar...then edit niyo yung picture...try to crop the lower half of the image then stitch it invertedly mas makikita niyo yellow tint issue...

sa ngayon with my unit aside from the barely noticeable yellow tint..for now all is good...gulat din ako sa battery parang masok pa kesa sa sgs1 ko hehehe!

sir demo nag-backread ako sa thread natin and you said that the yellow tint gets more noticeable due to heat...is that already confirmed?

-- edited by tr3s on Jul 05 2011, 08:39 AM

Browse Items

Search TipidCP

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys