User Login

TipidCP.com is the premier forum and trading portal of the Filipino mobile phone enthusiasts. Got something to say, sell, or buy? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

LeTV X500 1S Best Bang for Buck Cellphone

• I was about to purchase a OnePlus2, I was always on the lookout for good value phone that won't hurt the pocket.. Phones like the Nexus, Oneplus, Meizu and Xiaomi...

My last phone before this was th Meizu MX 4 Pro and whenever I purchase a new one, I always sell my old one first so that it won't hurt my budget..Finally the day came and I was able to sell my Meizu MX4 Pro, unfortuantely enough, the OnePlus 2 was out of stock..

And so the dark age began, . I always use my phone, it is the source of my internet at home and wherever I go, and the internet source of my officemates, since I was able to retain my unli data on my postpaid plan. I use it for gaming and for facebook and looking up deals online.. I was without phone for 5 days.

Days seemed longer without a past time.. During those days I kept searching and searching for my potential new phone, I don't want to go back to the phones I have used before and my budget could only get me either nexus 6 or oneplus 2 which are both out of stock. I was thinking on going back to Meizu and looking at Xiaomi Mi4 since the Mi Note pro is out of reach, as I was watching reviews I stumbled upon the LeTV line up... I learned of of the X600 at first and then learned about the newly released X500 never mind the model number the later is actually a better specked phone..

Here are my previous phones, just so you ave an idea on my experience with different phones.

Sony Ericson P900, Nokia E71, Nokia E72, 5800, BB9300, BB9380, BB9780, BB9360, Sony Live With Walkman, HTC Mozart, Nexus S, HTC One V, Galaxy Nexus, Xperia Ion, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Xperia Z Ultra C6833 Black, Nexus 5 White, Nexus 5 Black, Xperia Z Ultra White, Lumia 1520 White, Asus Zenfone 5, Meizu M1 note, Ulefone Be Touch, LG G3 32GB, LG G Flex 2, Note 4 N910C, HTC One M8, Meizu MX4, Meizu MX4 Pro.

The Review

Basic Specs
    5.5 Inch Display
    All Metal Construction
    Helio X10 Octacore 2.2Ghz (same processor and graphics chip of HTC One M9+
    PowerVR G6200
    32GB Rom
    3GB Ram
    13MP ISO Camera
    5MP Wide Angle Front Facing Camera
    3000 mAh Battery
    Quick Charger
    USB Type C

Watching reviews on YouTube, gave me an idea on the phone itself, but I have learned a good lesson back then when I have seen really good reviews about the Firefly Allure X64 but in actuality the phone does not actually pass my quality standards..

So I was hesitant about the X500, it may be the same thing.., but then again my budget was slowly drifting away as days passed by waiting for my flagship, and so I jumped the gun and got the X500 as soon as Sixela Nat got it..

When I first opened the box, I was smiling, pictures and videos does not justify the physical presence of this phone.. I like the actual colors when your actually holding it instead of watching it from YouTube or looking at pictures. Its got a nice subtle gold tone that exudes quality. When I grabbed the phone, I said to my self, Jackpot! The phone really feels good in the hand and its got a nice heft to it.. Buttons got a nice tactile feedback and does not play around and feel cheap when pressing it. The phone when the display is off looks bezel less. When its on it has black border around it. It does not however look bad with those borders.

Display is really good, blacks are black and not washed out as compared to X600 based on reviews and compared to my brother's M1 note, although the M1 has a brighter screen. This could manage though and is above average compared to other phones I've had.

Speakers and sound output is excellent.. Based on research on this device, the frame of the cellphone was also designed so that it could output excellent audio through speakers. In actual use its really good.. Best mono speaker I've had coming from different cellphones. Headphone output does not disappoint as well.. I'm using UE6000 for this baby and sound output is excellent if not better to mx4 pro with a built in DAC

Fingerprint Sensor is the fastest I have tried so far. And its regardless of angle of where your finger sits on the sensor.

EUI is a fresh experience coming from other manufacturer based UI like sense,
    touchwiz, flyme, xperia UI, ux from LG. I actually liked it. Its fast, got cool animations, its like having an iphone on android. This is actually better than Meizu's Flyme.. Only downside for now is that LeTV's bloatware is there but hopefully as they would market this in the US by the end of the year they will be releasing an international rom for it without bloatware I hope.

No issues with text messaging compared to meizu phones wherein it would open a new thread with a +639++

I also like the music app where it gives you freedom to download for free and even has lossless audio for downloads. Really good specially for audiophiles out there who appreciates the quality of music

Performance is really good. Based on my experience coming from MX4 and MX4 Pro last month and the G Flex2 and HTC One M8 the previous month, this phone is actually faster and without lags, it does freeze rarely (Happened Once within 24hrs) though which is most likely because of software glitch which could be resolved with an update.. I have also read this online so I was not disappointed when I experienced it. Overall through my apps, its a great performer and it does not heat up as hot as the Meizu MX4 and MX4 Pro..

Can't comment on battery life since this only had 2 cycles on it.

I only had this phone for 24hrs and will add more details as gain more experience in using it. I will post pictures taken by this phone when I have time.

Overall all, I really like this phone, I would love this more when they release an International rom without the Chinese bloatware. Build is excellent, Processing and Performance is top notch (same processor and graphics chip of HTC One M9+). Display is above average. Fingerprint Scanner is a bonus. Cost is best value.

External Image

External Image

External Image

External Image

External Image

External Image

-- edited by DonMark on Nov 21 2015, 08:31 PM
  • Price?
  • Got mine for 12500
  • camera sample naman dyan! hehe!
  • Di ako ma camera na tao eh.. Pero maya sa office I'll take pictures
  • I got the x600 version.
  • May info sana kung saan nabili ang Phone.
  • Bookmarked =)saan nakakabili ng LeTV
  • Bookmarked...
    How about aftersales support?
  • Seller offers warranty for 6 months, pm me for the sellers info
  • No, issues sa text messaging compared to meizu's. Sa meizu pagka number ng tinext mo 09xx and when that person replies, it will be on a separate thread with +639xx. :)
  • Exactly what I experienced with my MX4!

Good review, it actually got me interested with this unit. Sent PM, thanks!
  • hows the sound quality sa loudspeaker compared sa mx4?
  • Salamat sa PM. Basagin na si piggy bank hehe. Ang problem lang natin dito are
    1. Accessories
    2. Android updates
    3. Warranty
    Sana di madaling masira.
  • Nagpa custom pouch lang ako... Generic tablet urethane case from diaso tapos pinatahi ko sa sastre..

Tg is incoming and bundled by the seller kaso since this was just released nov 4 wala pang stock kaya to follow, for free...

Android updates naman is ok with LeTV, they have two builds right now..

Stable and experimental build.

Experimental build gamit ko ngayon kasi every week may update..
  • Updated first post with additional inputs. Hehe.

Also created a group for LeTV..

-- edited by DonMark on Nov 13 2015, 09:27 PM
  • How's the camera? Working Smart LTE? Kay Alexis Tan ba to? Hehe.
  • Camera is good and yes working ang lte ni smart
  • OT-

Yung Letv max x900 parang magndang ipalit sa aging Mate 7 ko :)
  • Ano size Ng sim? Dual LTE?
  • What about the future development of this model? Community development?
  • @ashelyacts
    nano primar, micro secondary

@newdivide
    May mga development na sa chinese forums, sa xda naman, its starting to pick up, with 11million 1s pre-order, I'm sure may malupit na developer dun, hehe
  • Me nakapost na pala dito sa tcp mas mataas nga lang price
  • @DonMark

Pwede malaman kung ano mga bands na sinu-support ng phone na ito? :)
  • Networking:
    2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900,
    3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100 (Band 1/2/5/8),
    4G: LTE FDD 1800/2100/2600 (Band 1/3/7), TD-LTE Band 38/39/40/41

Smart is LTE Band 2100, not sure sa globle.. LTE on my unit is working. :)
  • any news kung open source ang device?
  • ^may available daw na stock from the seller. Mukha siyang Huawei phone sa akin. Ganda.
  • Another set of Pictures ng LeTV X500 and actual pictures taken by its camera, credits to the owner
    <click here for link>

Browse Items

Search TipidCP

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys