The P9 & the P9 Plus definitely has some cool camera features pack within. One of it is the capability to shoot in pro mode. There is a hidden feature in it to capture images in RAW format thus rather than letting the camera process the image, shooting in raw allows you to process the image to our needs. It is one of the best ways to have total control over your images in post-processing. After quick googling, i found how to enable & use the RAW feature.

To make it simple for the average users like us :p , RAW format will capture all image data recorded by the camera sensor & no image information will be compressed & lost. This generates higher quality images compared to saving in other formats.

You guys can follow this simple steps to enable the RAW file format:
Swipe left on the screen, and then turn on the RAW format switch.

External Image
[/url]

Kindly take note guys that only photos taken in Pro camera mode can be captured in RAW format. The file will be saved in JPEG and DNG formats on the internal storage (camera file).

External Image
[/url]

Swipe up beginning on the small white box. After this you will see the Pro Mode and RAW symbol pop up.

External Image
[/url]

Proceed taking the photo as usual. After capturing the image you may find the RAW image in your camera folder on internal storage as .dng file.

Hope this helps guys! The uncompressed images are superb for me to edit it on my pc.

-- edited by htfan123 on Aug 01 2016, 11:00 AM