User Login

TipidCP.com is the premier forum and trading portal of the Filipino mobile phone enthusiasts. Got something to say, sell, or buy? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Questionable smartphone trends

• Even though smartphone tech is becoming more and more advanced, there are some features that just make you want to scratch your head and wonder what have these manufacturers been smoking.

I'll start: I have been pleased to see majority of smartphones coming with the dual SIM feature (Acer even had a tri-SIM model with the Liquid E700). And then of course, there's the expandable memory via microSD. So any self-respecting smartphone would do well to incorporate both of these features, right?

Unfortunately, a recent trend among smartphones is the SIM2/memory hybrid slot; that is, instead of having a separate dedicated slot for the microSD card, the phone combined the slot for the SIM2 and memory card. In other words, you're forced to choose between having a second SIM and having expandable memory. Smartphone models that would otherwise have my consideration, such as the Huawei P9 and the Asus Zenfone 3, are now off my list precisely because of this major deal breaker. I really feel this is ten steps backward in smartphone tech.

How about you? What's your pet peeve with today's newer smartphone models?
  • who knows how hard it is to incorporate stuff like that. Maybe that extra space will be used for something else like a sensor/speaker/etc
  • I would like them to have separate sim 2 and micro sd slot. It is possible cause the Oppo a37, Alcatel flash plus 2 and other phones have separated it so why not they emulate it?

Browse Items

Search TipidCP

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys