User Login

TipidCP.com is the premier forum and trading portal of the Filipino mobile phone enthusiasts. Got something to say, sell, or buy? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Huawei GR3

• So globe just gave me the newest huawei phone.
    Its the GR3 from Huawei.
    Quick run down:
    Octacore 1.5
    2gb ram
    16gb capacity upto 128gb sd
    Lte
    13mp back 5mp front cam
    5in capacitive lcd.

Il give updates regarding this phn as i use it.

Dun sa mga owners ng phn na to pls dont hesitate to chime in.
  • This thing is running emui 3.1 lite. Any ideas pano iuograde to emui 3.1 or even 4?
  • Edit: Posted on wrong thread.

-- edited by joshrev on May 08 2017, 07:56 AM
  • Got a Huawei GR3 2017 at around 8.5k as it's priced around that range....

Review:
    CPU/GPU
    Despite the high benchmark, this phone still struggles in running Marvel Future Fight.
    It runs the game at around the same level as the Galaxy S4 (a former flagship), and becomes choppy/laggy at medium to high settings. The interface is smooth and fast though, same with all other units running Nougat. Other games such as Mobile Legends, Vainglory, etc. are running ok. (Marvel FF seems to be the game that's really graphics-intensive.)

Screen
    At 1920x1080, it can play HD movies well... It's not Super AMOLED though, so its colors are a bit lighter when comparing it to a handset that has that feature.

Camera
    Pretty much so-so, it doesn't stand out at its level but at the price range almost all of its counterparts bear that same issue. It may be a bit better against some units such as the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, but then the Redmi is cheaper by at least 1.5k. Units that produce better looking photos would also cost around 2k-4k more so you really can't compare this against them.

I would recommend a different phone if you're after a unit that can play games at high settings. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 has a really high Antutu Benchmark compared to this one (around 80k compared to GR3's 54k benchmark), so that MAY be a better option. ("MAY" because haven't tried it yet with Marvel FF.)

For the camera, it's the same thing... If you really want a good selfie camera, etc. you may have to spend a little more for other units. But compared against Cherry Mobile and Starmobile, the GR3's camera is better than them that's for sure (of course, against units along the same price range).

Overall:
    Was a bit disappointed as I expected a better performance from this phone. Especially since the Samsung Galaxy S4's benchmark rating is along the 20-30k mark and this one is at around 55k. And yet both encounter the same lag problems in running Marvel Future Fight.
  • I'm planning to get either this or Y7 prime, max PHP10k budget... for someone ;-)... I am more leaning towards this one barely on screen alone at FHD vs HD in Y7 Prime, processor and camera I doubt a huge difference with Y7 prime... regarding performance on high end gaming, I don't expect this to run smoothly even with my previous S7 edge still stutters on Seven Knights at highest settings until I moved to Note 8 (this one is smooth AF) that cost an arm and leg.

Browse Items

Search TipidCP

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys