User Login

TipidCP.com is the premier forum and trading portal of the Filipino mobile phone enthusiasts. Got something to say, sell, or buy? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Z3 compact issues

• This is the worst phone I've had (even worse than my Z1c where after 14months, I dropped <1m height cracking its front glass making it unresponsive and had to be replaced for half the cost I bought the entire phone). I bought the unit from Sony store Plazuela, Iloilo and is now 13 months used. Here are my issues with Z3c:
    1) customer service: I'm based in Iloilo and they have no Xperia repair shop here so they have to have it sent to Manila for repairs and will take 1 month! They do have Xperia shop in Cebu though where I not so often travel to.more service issues below
    2) microUSB, microSD cover: after 2months of use, the rubber gasket of the cover for microUSB, microSD got loose and eventually detached so I have to get the entire cover replaced in Cebu for 300PHP (I left my receipt in Iloilo). the new cover lasted for 3months until it had the same issue with the first one so now the phone has exposed microUSB and microSD slots.
    3) 3.5mm jack: stopped working after 5mo. been settling for expensive bluetooth headphones since then..
    4) primary camera: had the back camera glass cover slightly scratched after 5mo thus producing much worse photos than the front camera..
    5) unresponsive screen: i've read several similar ongoing issues on this; mine however is only on the top screen (so far), about 5mm width which renders dropdown for notifications impossible along with other app functions. I have to tilt the phone in landscape mode to access some functions. this started after 6mo use.
    6) screens detached: also read of this several similar cases. happened after 8mo, glass screens both front and back started to pop out, the adhesives for these seem to have lost their grips. sent it to Xperia Cebu where i was told that its a "physical damage" thus is not covered by warranty and will cost 900PHP. well technically this is a chemical damage where heat may have caused the adhesives lose their functions. of course there would not have been any need for repair in the first place had they used good quality materials..
    I love these compact models as there seems to be no similar type, in the Phils. at least, with compact easy one-hand use, water resistant (ip67/8 for sony after fewmonths is a gimmick and will cost you greatly for believing it), good specs (processor, etc), plus the lanyard hole which for me is significantly important. still i've had enough of sony and now saving up for an S7
  • may issue tlga to sa screen. ung sakin alagang alaga almost 1 year pero bigla na lang naging unresponsing ung lcd.
  • Edi wow! Ikaw na magkakaroon ng S7.
    Worst phone daw pero pagdating sa dulo "I love this phone".
    Phased out na ang z3c. Useless na ang pagpost mo rito.
  • Understandable ang rant ni TS. Kung nangyari yan sa akin, mababadtrip din ako. Ewan ko nga ba sa lahat ng z series, yan ang pinaka problematic from easily cracked glass to unresponsive screens. I prefer yung mas lumang xperia s series since no glass back at front. 1 less thing to worry about. Ika nga, not a big fan of front and back glass covers. Im also using right now yung xperia sp with metal base frame and xperia s. 5x nang nahulog waist high and voila- natangal lang back cover and no cracked screen. Ganun din sa xperia s ko. Natangal lang back cover. Still using the 2 of them as my primary phones.
    Anyway good luck TS on your z3. benta mo na lang as-is maayos man or hindi.
  • Double post

-- edited by goodha on Nov 13 2016, 10:46 AM
  • Same issue. Lahat ng kakilala kong may Z3C, naging unresponsive ang touchscreen anywhere between six months to one year. Nagkataon kasi na kakalabas lang ng Lollipop ng unang lumabas yung problem so everyone was hoping it would just be a software problem. Unfortunately hindi. Like you OP, ayoko na rin ng Sony kahit pa mas gusto ko ng ganung size ng phone. Medyo alangan na rin ako sa phone na glue lang ang nagdidikit ng parts sa frame na usually sa glass sandwich designs like Sony's Z series and the S7.
  • Nasaktuhan ng lemon...

Browse Items

Search TipidCP

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys