User Login

TipidCP.com is the premier forum and trading portal of the Filipino mobile phone enthusiasts. Got something to say, sell, or buy? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

MyPhone Infinity

• <click here for link>
    Micromax Canvas Knight to launch in the Philippines as the MyPhone Infinity

Conan Hughes | On 27, Feb 2014

It looks like MyPhone is readying its first octa-core smartphone, to be launched as the MyPhone Infinity. Basing on physical design, its looks like a rebrand of the octa-core Micromax Canvas Knight, which itself is an upcoming device but headed for India.

MyPhone Infinity
    External Image

External Image

What we have above is a photo of the MyPhone Infinity, leaked by a certain Miyer C. Bernabe on Facebook. Only the back of the photo can be seen, but the design on the camera is exactly the same as the Micromax Canvas Knight. For comparison, check out these press release photos (leaked on a Russian forum) of the Canvas Knight. Two light specs at the top edge also match the position of the audio jack and the LED light.
    External Image

External Image

External Image

External Image

MyPhone Infinity - Canvas Knight

As we wait for an official announcement (and teasers), we can only speculate on what the MyPhone Infinity will offer by referring to what have been leaked about the Micromax Canvas Knight. Specifications include Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, a 5-inch display with Full HD resolution, and an octa-core processor that�s clocked at 2GHz. The brand and model haven�t been specified, but the chip is expected to be the MediaTek MT6592.

Further purported specs consist of 2GB of RAM, 32GB internal storage, and 2350mAh battery. There�s also a 16-megapixel camera at the back, paired with a 5-megapixel front-facing shooter. Connectivity options include 3G, GSM, and Wi-Fi. The Micromax Canvas Knight / MyPhone Infinity will also boast a 7.3mm thin profile.

If the MyPhone Infinity ever gets released in the Philippines (February is almost over, so maybe we�ll be seeing a March launch), it will compete with the likes of other local octa-smartphones: Starmobile Diamond X1, Cherry Mobile Cosmos Z2, and THL T100 (Monkey King 2). They each have their own strengths and drawbacks as seen in our specs showdown.
  • 16gb internal lang daw to? Di na lang ginawang 32gb o kaya expandable memory. Mauubos lang memory ng 16mp camera sa pics. Samahan pa ng hi-end games, ubos na kaagad ang memory..
  • Sayang nga :(

MyPhone Infinity is official: octa-core processor, 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, 5-inch 1080p display

Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
    5-inch IPS LCD (1080×1920 Full HD), ~441ppi
    1.7GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6592 processor
    Mali 450MP GPU
    2GB RAM
    16GB internal storage
    No microSD support
    16-megapixel main camera, with autofocus and LED flash
    5-megapixel front camera
    Wi-Fi, 3G, Bluetooth, GPS
    Profile thickness: 7.3mm

<click here for link>

-- edited by picus on Mar 02 2014, 07:51 AM
  • Here is a trivia...

Both MyPhone, Micromaxx get their phones from Tinno Mobile...

MyPhone does not rebrand phones of Micromaxx
  • Sana ginawa na lang 720p display at 32gb memory kung cost cutting sila. Mas magiging maganda pa performance sa games.
  • @soraci

Micromax develops phone designs, alpha and beta units, until it is ready for production. Their manufacturing partner is Tinno Mobile of China, since Micromax doesn't have any mass-production capacity in India. Kaya ang sagot sa trivia mo ay yes, MyPhone gets their units from Micromax i.e. MyPhone units are rebranded.

Sharma is also insisting that global hardware and software makers treat his Chinese manufacturing partners�Tinno and Longcheer�as extensions of Micromax.

<click here for link>

-- edited by SquallLionhart on Mar 03 2014, 11:00 AM
  • I just want the misconception to be corrected.

Anyway, I've seen engineering build / prototypes of MyPhone phones and the model at the back says Tinno and not Micromaxx....

It says here that Micromaxx only entered Mobile Manufacturing on 2010 whereas Tinno Mobile was established as early as 2005.

<click here for link>

I've asked this question myself to MyPhone president himself if infact they are getting their phones from Micromax and he immediately refuted it. He says that RnD are outsourced to Tinno Mobile just like Micromax, Blu, Wiko and other mobile firms worldwide. Simply because neither of those company is capable of funding their own RnD.

Anyway, MyPhone Infinity might retail at around 13,000 PhP

-- edited by soraci on Mar 09 2014, 12:31 PM

-- edited by soraci on Mar 09 2014, 12:32 PM
  • Sir Soraci is right.. MyPhone and Micromaxx is the same.. Micromaxx is different to TINNO..

i love this phone.. i saw hold used it before at YTC^_^
  • <click here for link>

Officially released today priced at 12999
  • Sana man lang LTE, kahit puro cap. Haha
  • So it is priced at Php12,999.

http://www.unbox.ph/gadget/myphone-infinity-official-priced-at-php-12999/
  • Ano ba yan laos agad ang rio ko. :D Pero happy na ako pero mukhang ang ganda niya. Di ko lang kaya walang budget.
  • not impressed for 16gb only with no expandable memory.. ok sana taas presyo kaunti basta 32gb or expandable memory..useless din kasi pagka octacore niya kung limitado ang memory capacities niya. sa dual or quad core pede pa,,
  • Hindi naman agad malalaos ang rio sa 5k budget phone may decent camera, attractive color,
  • 13k pala to, pang rio lang budget ko hehe

Up for this thread!
  • Meron nang nakabili nito? Hand-on review naman dyan...
  • Share ko lang. na-experience ko na magamit tong phone na to, a friend of mine bought it. SOBRANG GANDA ng camera! Kahit zoomed sya, kita mo pa din details. iPhone 5s user ako, and feeling ko oks yung quality ng telepono ko, PERO ibang klase yung infinity! kahit yung front cam ang ganda. Didn't know kung gaano na kadami yung memory na naconsume nya, pero madami syang games at smooth naman yung UI, tsaka loading ng games and apps. Seryosong iniisip ko na ibenta yung phone ko para bumili nito. :)
  • ok na sana e. di ko lang feel yung camera sa likod. i mean, sana flat na lang sya or mas neutral yung design.
  • ^maybe because 16mp can kasi siya which is quite big. Yeah Sana ginawang flat nga, nakita ko yung starmobile octa natest ko siya nung tumitingin kami sa sale ng mga gadgets and stuff sa mega and ang ganda ng cam, Pero hesitant parin ako sa mga local brands. Hehe. And mukang iPhone tong model nila na toh ah ganda,
  • Hmmm... wala pa din yung actual owner ng Infinity. Atat na ko malaman kung ok na ok talaga to.
  • Hi guys. Actual owner ng MyPhone Agua Infinity here. Currently making a review about it, pero here's a quick rundown nalang muna about its pros and cons.

Pros:

- Fantastic display, camera (both front and back), and battery life. Display is zero-gap.
    - Great and solid build.
    - Rear glass shell, same as the "Crystal Reflective Process" of the Nexus 4
    -A real performer. Benchmarks and real time experience are great. Walang problema sa gaming. Asphalt 8, N.O.V.A. 3 kayang-kaya. 100% speed.
    - Regarding the rear camera, what kiandelro said is correct. Even at maximum digital zoom, details are still present and distinguishable.
    - Quick GPS lock-in.

Cons:

- 16GB memory. Almost puno na agad, nagtitipid na nga ako ng memory.
    - Protruding rear camera. May kasama naman syang hard case sa packaging na sasakto dun sa rear camera, so yung effect eh parang smooth na din sya pag nilagay mo sa flat surface and hindi na nakaumbok.
    - Not compatible with custom launchers. Tatakbo initially yung mga custom launcher like APEX, etc. pero once you press the home button, it'll go back to the default launcher.
    - Low audio power. At 50% volume, you can barely hear the sounds of the Agua Infinity.

That's it for now. I'll update this post nalang later with the review on my blog. I'll answer any questions when I log-in here again.
  • sorry kung OT
    meron ba kayong nakitang comparative info nito saka starmobile octa?
    thanks
  • Hi guys. Here's my full review of the MyPhone Agua Infinity. Kindly check it out if you're considering this smartphone for purchase. <click here for link>
  • @tjsdaily

nice review
  • May available na po ba ng white neto?
  • Bibili sana ako MyPhone Infinity if may stable KitKat to and okay battery life nito.

Can someone comment please. Thank you.
  • Parang hindi kasing "hit" ng Iceberg itong Infinity. Walang masyadong usapan. hehe... Mag-Mi3 na lang ako. :)
  • up

Browse Items

Search TipidCP

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys