User Login

TipidCP.com is the premier forum and trading portal of the Filipino mobile phone enthusiasts. Got something to say, sell, or buy? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Smart/Sun Users Unified Thread

• @dejakenth

San po yan? 711/Mini stop? Ty
  • ^Same experience, that thing is real. Used it for TNT SIM kasi lumang-luma na siya pero working, at hindi pre-cut as nano, ilalagay kasi sa iPhone 5C.
  • may mga nakalegacy unli lte plans pa din sa inyo? grabe sobrang sulit talaga. 2yrs na ako di nagrenew. super happy sa unli data. at least 100gb per month ako kakayoutube and netflix.

I still have my old unli LTE plan. Galing pa un nung Note 3 plan ko from before. Di na ako na-recontract kasi mawawala ung unli LTE, di naman maganda ung phone na ipapalit. :D :D :D
  • dejakenth Send Message View User Items on October 08, 2018 12:45 AM

Mga ka-tcp just want to share:

ok pala yung Self-Service LTE Upgrade SIM for Smart, SmartBro, TNT and Sun. My daughter's phone had a problem and we had to move her sim around, unfortunately it was just cut and after several times na nalipat lipat, the sim was having problems being detected. I got the LTE Upgrade SIM at a convenience store, and was able to change the sim card of my daughter's prepaid line but we were able to keep her old number. :)

For those who have non-LTE sims from Smart, Smart Bro, Sun and TNT, this is a good way to upgrade your sim to a LTE sim for minimal cost but at the same time retain your number. Of course for some who have the time to go to a Sun or Smart store, I think its free to get a sim replacement there, just bring the needed requirements, active sim and valid Gov't ID.

I believe this upgrade service requires you to have an active sim. So in self-service style you need to text a special number to get the pin to allow the sim change to progress. And if you bring it to a Smart or Sun store then they will check if the sim has expired or not before they will give you a replacement LTE sim.

Hope to be able to help those in a similar situation as my daughter. :)

Repost ko lang dito from previous page.
    Salamat sa pag share.

Pwede na ba mag upgrade sa SUN shop?
    Saan convenience store po nag aaccept ng sim upgrade?

Sana aware naman sila about this. Ever since sa SUN shop sabi nila hindi raw sila nag uupgrade. Matagal ko na gustong mag upgrade. May isang prepaid sim din kami lumang luma na... ilang beses na rin pinacut from regular to micro then nano. Kaso hindi pa sya lte sim.

-- edited by Zaphyre on Oct 12 2018, 08:29 AM
  • ^Meron din pong nabibiling LTE Upgrade SIM si Sun, just like Smart and TNT.
  • May bayad na pala.. For a limited period before, libre upgrade to LTE SIM
  • meron poba kumuha ng plan with huawei mate 10 o 10pro?
    readily available ba yan sa smart sa big malls?
  • @Sem, more than 10mos na yan postpaid offering sa Mate 10 series, swerte ka kung available/may stock pa nyan. Baka nga makatiempo ka nyan sa mga "small" malls eh. Or, why not try sa smart online store?

-- edited by aurelius on Oct 14 2018, 07:54 AM
  • ty
  • @March21, sa 711 ako nakabili. :) You can also go to Smart or Sun stores.
  • @Zaphyre,

Sa Smart and Sun shop I think they can support sim change for Sun Post and Pre paid, Smart Post and Pre paid, and TNT. I think walang bayad if sa Smart or Sun store but if magbus or jeep ka versus a nearby convenience store, parang worth it na un Php10 na ibabayad.

Got the Smart LTE Upgrade SIM sa 711, tried sa Mini Stop pero select stores lang meron. I believe it will work to upgrade Sun, Smart and TnT post/prepaid sims - di lang kasama Sun Broadband, only Smart Bro is supported.

Zaphyre, March21,

Just make sure to backup all SMS and Contact info stored in your old sim before you upgrade.

-- edited by dejakenth on Oct 15 2018, 06:40 PM
  • @dejakenth @oweneighty
    Salamat sa info
  • mga sir ok pa ba yung promo ng smart na pag lilipat ka from globe automatic approve? yung mag ppresent ka lang ng billings for the last three months?

Browse Items

Search TipidCP

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys