User Login

TipidCP.com is the premier forum and trading portal of the Filipino mobile phone enthusiasts. Got something to say, sell, or buy? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 / Note 20 Ultra (LTE/5G)

• <click here for link>

Has anyone who pre-ordered already received their unit?

I'm waiting for my pre-ordered Note 20 Ultra 5G.
  • Ung mga nag pre order sa samsung stire nakuha na nila pati sa globe kasi may nakikita na ako ung smart delayed daw ewan ko kung bakit
  • Thanks! I called Globe. My phone will be delivered by Entrego on or before the 29th of August.
  • Pre ordered mine from Samsung's official store in Lazada last Aug 15. Status from then until now is waiting for stock. Arghh dapat pala sa Samsung website ko nlang msmo inorder.
  • Sa akin sa smart re contract wala parin hanggang ngayon sabi may delay daw kasi kakagaling lang sa mecq
  • Got mine from Smart Store Megamall last Sunday. Anyone else got their unit from Smart? May notification na hindi matanggal from Smart which is annoying. Disabled yung Clear button for this notification, and hindi mo rin madisable yung notification nung Payment Services app. Already tried factory data reset pero andun pa rin sya.

External Image
  • Aha. Found the same issue reported in a Samsung thread <click here for link>.

If I remove the 2nd sim card which is globe then the notification disappears. Smart what are you doing? :-(

-- edited by enjay72 on Aug 25 2020, 05:23 PM
  • Those who already got their Note 20 Ultra 5G from Globe, can you kindly confirm is indeed Entrego is the courier? I was given a tracking number but it's non-existent in Entrego's tracking site.

@enjay
    That's a bummer! Only when you remove the Globe SIM that it disappears? Kinda lame for Smart to do that! At least the 2nd SIM is open-line. Can you verify if LTE/5G works on the Globe's SIM, too? Thanks!

I wanted to get a SN20U5G from smart too, but I dont want to let go of my UNLI LTE plan.
  • I did not see 5G when globe was inserted in sim2. I see 5G in sim1, network mode settings. Sim2 has LTE.
  • I did not see 5G when globe was inserted in sim2. I see 5G in sim1, network mode settings. Sim2 has LTE.

Have you tried changing the settings on SIM2 to 5G?
  • @BlindFury

You forfeited the freebie?

Do you have a non-Globe SIM card? Can you kindly confirm if you get a similar notification manifested on your phone like that of @enjay72? Does DATA work on the 2nd SIM using a non-GLOBE SIM? Also, are there extra pen-tips included in the box?

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Cooling Solution is not the same across the board.

<click here for link>

-- edited by Iggby on Aug 26 2020, 12:28 PM
  • @Iggby

Yes sir forfeited the freebie and even spent an additional 2k just to get the unit last Monday.

As of the moment I don't have any non-Globe sim so cannot test if may other notification na lumalabas. However, I can confirm that there is NO extra S-pen tips or even clear silicone case cover included

Sorry di ko ma resize yung photo sa imgur app kaya na delete yung initial post ko dito.

External Image

-- edited by BlindFury on Aug 26 2020, 08:55 PM
  • @BlindFury

I'm a bit pissed that the pen tips are no longer included in the package. Samsung is so cheap for doing so.
    My ESR Tough Case <click here for link> has been delivered as well as a cheap back film protector.

Is the phone manufactured in Korea or Vietnam?

Sorry for the questions. My phone is yet to be delivered and I'm running out of patience.

Thank you for the info. I appreciate it.
  • @Iggby

No worries, I was just expecting to have a free clear case like on the S20 Ultra box but was a bit disappointed as well.

No markings on the phone or box where unit was made.

Just had a Whitestone Glass Dome tempered glass installed earlier. Been thinking of getting an Otterbox clear case while waiting for my Dbrand Grip case to be shipped :-)
  • @Iggby

Yung format ba ng tracking number na binigay sa inyo OR waybill number may '00' sa unahan? Tanggalin mo yung isang '0'. And yung format talaga ng tracking number ng Entrego is:

0123-4567-123456789

Yung binigay sa akin ng Customer Service Rep ng Globe is:

00123-4567-123456789 (may extra 0 sa start)

kaya hindi ko matrack, last week ko pa naman nakuha yung tracking number nila...
  • @ehcastro

Thank you!

EDIT:
    External Image

-- edited by Iggby on Aug 29 2020, 08:02 AM
  • Bummer! I placed my Smart UNLI LTE plan on SIM2. DATA is not allowed. CSC trick does not work on the Note Ultra :(
  • @enjay72

Can you please check in (Drop-down menu) Mobile DATA settings, if you can set your Globe SIM as mobile DATA or it reverts back to SIM1 (Smart)

External Image
  • Got mine from globe. Tried using smart sim for both slots before booting up. It worked for a while but I cannot add APN. Tapos wala pang 10 minutes biglang nag asked ng network unlock pin haha!
  • I got to activate my SIM2 DATA using my Smart account! Happy camper here! :D
  • Can somebody with a Note 20 Ultra 5G from Globe please check if you can enable call forwarding? I've tried with mine and it doesn't work but if I put the same Globe simcard in another phone, I could enable the call forwarding. Thanks!
  • ^
    Mine works.

SIM1 Globe POSTPAID / SIM 2 Smart POSTPAID

Try these codes using your Phone App:

Divert All Calls: **21*(PN to forward)*11# <then press call button>
    Divert when Unreachable: **62*(PN to forward)*11# <then press call button>
    Divert if busy: **67*(PN to forward)*11# <then press Call Button>

To clear all diverts: ##002#<call Button>

NOTE:

I'm no longer sure if call-divert works on Globe Prepaid SIMs, though. Before it did. I don't have a prepaid Globe SIM to test.

-- edited by Iggby on Sep 08 2020, 03:17 PM
  • ^
    Thanks for a very useful info!

It must be a unit issue as I can enable call forwarding using another phone. Will have the unit checked at Globe.
  • Mga boss nakuha nyo na air purifier nyo?
  • Mga boss nakuha nyo na air purifier nyo?

Not yet. Samsung only emailed me today that my redemption was approved - 12 days after I filled in the form and submitted the documents. It may take some 10-30 days for the delivery as per email.
  • Thank you boss Iggby!

Baka alam nyo lang po, I tried connecting to my google wifi, successfully connected but can’t get an internet connection, it says “connected but internet is not available” but almost all of my devices are connected to the same router, I tried resetting my network settings but still the same
  • ^
    I use a third party router with my PLDT Fibr. I also manually set an IP address for each of my wireless devices (through the Asus RT-AX88U). I don't use/set Google's DNS on any of my devices, including the router. If you have manually set your DNS try removing it first. See if it makes a difference. You may also remove/forget your SSID from your Note 20 and try to reconnect again.

Without any other info, I cannot help you much.
  • Guys, were you able to successfully register to the free Care+ being pushed regularly by Samsung to our N20U? I keep getting an error. I already contacted CS but they are just giving me the run-about.
  • At last, the free air purifier arrived :)
    The box is kinda heavy.

Browse Items

Search TipidCP

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys