User Login

TipidCP.com is the premier forum and trading portal of the Filipino mobile phone enthusiasts. Got something to say, sell, or buy? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Samsung Omnia HD i8910(Check Page 44 for the FAQ and Tutorials)

• @ttl8me

Yes I believe so too. There are no available updates for your firmware as of this time. But if you need to get the latest FW which is XXII2. You need to flash your FW to IG2 first, then to XXII1 & XXII2 via PC Suite update.
  • tama batong PC Studio na dinownload ko

Samsung PC Studio 7 7.2.36.9
    eto ba yung latest?

then mag uupdate ako firmware ok na ba tong version ng pc studio ko? tapos pala trinatry ko connect using one touch access sa pc studio pero connection failed ako and hindi ko ma update yung fusu update through pc studio kelangan ko pa puntahan sa folder nya para dun ma run.. ok lang ba yun?

thanks
  • question first time ko mag dedebrand and flash gusto ko na siya update sa XXII2.. kelangan ba talaga use ko muna FIRMWARE is yung XXIT1 or pwede ng diretso? then ano yung IG2? ano yung mauuna bago siy amaging XXIT2? thanks
  • First off you need to be running Windows XP in order to flash your phone to the italian FW IG2, then that is the time to update to XXII1 using PC Studio and then to XXII2.

Am not sure if after flashing to IG2, if you can update directly to XXII2. Since I went into a gradual update of FW IG2,XXII1 to XXII2. I suggest you back read a bit for the flashing stuff. Goodluck!
  • thanks will do that :)

so once i flash IG2... i dont need to Flash XXIT1? just update it in PC Studio?
  • Yes
  • I think you're right kaya hindi niya maupdate pero dapat marecognize nung PC Suite yung phone and ang message dapat "Your phone is using the latest version." or something to that effect. Hindi yung sasabihin na "Your phone is not recognize."

Just to clarify, "THE SOFTWARE UPDATER DOES NOT SUPPORT YOUR PHONE MODEL", Its not the PC studios fault, Pc studio can recognized our phone fine, but the problem is the sofware updater cannot find our phone model (i8910HD) on the phone sw update list server<click here for link>, that's why its telling us that our model is not recognize. By the time samsung phillipines released an official update for our firmware (philippines region) & posted our phone model on the list, it's the time the software updater will recognize our i8910 & upgrade it. To make it short "THE SOFTWARE UPDATER DOES NOT SUPPORT YOUR PHONE MODEL" is one way of samsung telling us that there's no firmware available to our unit.

-- edited by Android29 on Nov 19 2009, 09:42 AM
  • hello mga mga HD users

i finally got mine last week its a really great phone and i enjoyed using it . . . . . . . .

for about 9 days

last tuesday i was taking my lunch and i was about text my wife and i found that the unit was hot to the touch

i turned it off but it didnt help, so i removed the battery, that stopped it from from heating up further but it would heat up again if i inserted the battery back in.

i called the dealer and was referred to samsung and guess what, they found out that the motherboard shorted out

so now i have to wait for 2 to 3 weeks for my unit to be fixed bec they still have to order the board and it may take up to 7 business day for it to arrive

so after the long wait to get it, i have to wait yet again

but i still think its a great phone, maybe its just my luck

i hope they fix it well and i hope this doesnt happen to anyone else

-- edited by crimson06 on Nov 19 2009, 10:31 AM
  • @crimson06

It is a good thing that you took it back immediately to samsung and was diagnosed defective or problematic unit. It happens, ika nga nila, for every sack of tomatoes, there is sure to be one or two rotten ones.

Congratulations on your purchase, yet you need to wait again. =)
  • @crimson06

First of all CONGRATULATIONS on your decision to purchase the i8910! It's really a wonderful phone.. This unfortunate factory defects happens to most if not all phone companies. Even my friend experienced factory defects on Nokia phone... Hope this incident won't dampen your expectations of the phone.. :-)
  • @ALL

BrgyTanod & ttl8me are not in any way connected with Samsung or any of its affiliates! hahaha....
  • @ALL

BrgyTanod & ttl8me are not in any way connected with Samsung or any of its affiliates! hahaha....

@BrgyTAnod

You forgot to mention: SEE POSTERS AND PRINT ADS FOR DETAILS. PER DTI NCR PERMIT # i8910

joke joke lang po...
  • @all

In view of Mr. Crimson06's complain of unit heating up, I also noticed that my phone does heat up when I'm watching movies, playing games... From my observation, it starts to feel a little bit warm after watching movie/playing videogames for 30 minutes straight.. Kayo po ba, medyo umiinit din ba phone nyo? Any feedbacks?
  • @ttl8me

I think most of us also experience that & its normal, nakalagay nga un sa manual under troubleshooting section page c.

Your device is hot to the touch
    When you use several application at once, your device requires more power & may heat up. This is normal and should not affect your device's lifespan or performance.

I think this also applicable in video playback & playing games, because the 3D acceleration in our phone needs more power.

PS: I'm also not connected w/ samsung....hahaha

-- edited by Android29 on Nov 20 2009, 09:08 AM
  • hi guys! My themes and games...
    External Image

External Image

External Image

External Image
  • @ttl8me

Hanep sa Themes at games ah!

Pa share naman at paki bato sa PM ko. hahaha!!!

Thanks!
  • @BrgyTanod

Pwede ko ba attach sa pm yung mga files?
  • @ttl8me

Hindi pwede e, all you can do is either upload them sa file hosting site such as mediafire.com and send the download link sa PM.
  • PETITIONS FOR SAMSUNG!

Sign na mga Ka PrecioussSss...

Some of these improvements/updates/fixes I have listed here have been carried out by individuals working alone with little to no prior knowledge of the inner workings of the device. It is surprising that the team of engineers/developers responsible for the firmware/software for the i8910 are unable to even come close to this on their own. These are just a few: [1] Provide updates for all regions. [2]Implement kinetic scrolling to browser and UI for all languages (as seen in Chinese firmware browser). [3]Improve music player/media browser/applications folder load times (can take up to 10 seconds depending on number of installed apps/music/videos). [4]Increase memory on C: drive. [5]Improve/update Java engine (extremely slow for such a high spec device). [ 6]Improve camera/audio quality (hackers/modders use Nokia N86 settings � sad). [7]Enable auto-focus in videos (can be done manually by beating up the phone � not recommended but clearly possible). etc

<click here for link>
  • basa...basa... basa mode...!!!
  • @all

Christmas is fast approaching... So this is my advance xmas gift sa lahat ng i8910 owners... Eto mga links sa themes, applications, games for Symbian 60 Version 5 phone... It's all F-R-E-E!! Other sites require you to register lang then you can download na. Yung iba just click the download... Happy downloading!! Syanga pala, I always check the downloaded files for virus before I install it on my phone for precautionary measures.
    http://www.imserba.com/forum/ (scroll down to phone section and search for s60v5
    http://www.ipmart-forum.com/ (scroll down to phone section and search for s60 v5
    http://www.mobilesmania.com/forum/index.php??
    http://www.s60share.com/
    http://www.opda.hk/

Happy holidays!!!
  • guys! finally i got mine last thursday! hanep talaga tong phone na to. hindi nga ko nakatulog nung thursday kaka-kalikot sa phone! hehehehe! so far im very contented sa performance. kahit siguro hindi pa muna ko magupdate ng firmware, ok pa naman. hehehe!
  • guys. help naman po. im having a hard time installing ung PC Suite sa laptop ko. i downloaded yung software dun sa link na binigay ni BrgyTanod. pero kapag ini-install ko na. sabi 'you do not have sufficient privileges to complete this installation. Log on as an administrator and retry installation' pero admin account na yung gamit ko eh. Im using Vista Basic. Sana po matulungan nyo ko.

- nagwork na po pala yung PC Suite ko. ginamit ko lang yung CD na kasama sa box. nag-ok naman. hehehe!

-- edited by dirk_07 on Nov 22 2009, 07:15 PM
  • thanks for the replies

eventhough this has happened, i still thinks the i8910 is an awesome device

i have no regrets in buying it, malas lang talaga at natyempuhan ng defective unit.

i loved using it, cant wait to get it back

the problem right now is that it may not be satisfy me anymore to use a phone with a smaller screen and something that doesnt have an amoled on it hehehehe!

love the phone, it takes a bit of getting used to but once you put in some time into learning how it works , you'll find its a joy and you wont want to use anything else.

i'll post again once i get my unit back, hopefully that will be soon
  • hello fellow i8910 users.
    I bought an i8910 2 weeks ago and all I can say is walang binatbat ang ibang smartphones. I'm actually planning to buy another one as a christmas gift for my mom.

However, I've been thinking of flashing my FW to IG2 para makapagupdate ako dun sa latest na firmware (currently DXIF4). Ang question ko is, dun sa mga nagtry bang magflash ng phone nila, meron na bang na-brick sa inyo? as in nagfail and rendered totally useless ang phone after following the tips provided here in the thread? o lahat successful?

TIA. i8910 = the best!
  • test lang...hehehehe

External Image

-- edited by jonjonsantos on Nov 22 2009, 08:40 PM
  • @jonjonsantos

WOW! Latest FW angas ng PrecioussSss natin ah. hehehe...

Nice Screen Snap ahhh este, screen shot! bwahahaha!!!
  • hehehehe...mas latest sayo,,, ikaw una nag update ng XXII2
  • So far here are the "Italian FW" updates that are available from oldest to the latest!

i8910XXIG2
    External Image

i8910XXII1
    External Image

Latest and my current FW installed - i8910XXII2
    External Image

-- edited by BrgyTanod on Nov 22 2009, 04:50 AM
  • question lang po. kapag nanonood po kasi ako ng mga natransfer ko na video (.avi) sa phone ko napansin ko na mejo mahina lang yung sound nya compared dun sa mga sample videos na nakalagay dun. kahit na naka-max na yung volume. (Although pwede narin naman sya - hoping lang na may ilalakas pa yung volume. hehe) ganon po ba talaga? o may way po ba na malakasan ko pa yung settings ng volume ko na hindi kelangan magpalit ng firmware? maraming salamat po sa magrereply.

-- edited by dirk_07 on Nov 22 2009, 07:16 PM

Browse Items

Search TipidCP

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys