User Login

TipidCP.com is the premier forum and trading portal of the Filipino mobile phone enthusiasts. Got something to say, sell, or buy? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Windows Phone Users Thread

• tsaka anong model lang ba yung 6 inch?

1520 and 1320, both phased out units. 5.7 and 5.5 inches kasi ang sweet spot ng cellphone display size.
    I had high hopes when they announced astoria and islandwood.. a year have passed and still, those projects are nowhere helpful to windows mobile ecosystem.. sigh!

the official fb and fb messenger apps are both iOS versions ported to wp10. i just dont remember it being mentioned that they used astoria (or is it islandwood?) to do it.

if they can just port the android version of waze...

yes you can use your microsoft account (PC) for mobile use. di nga lang ganun ka-functional yun. i mean di ganun ka big deal, its just that you CAN use it. hehehe
  • Some apps for Windows 10

Sunset Bike Racer
    <click here for link>

Matissa
    <click here for link>
  • Just sharing, if you're already on Windows 10 Mobile version 1607 then you must try MyTube Beta! It is the best YouTube app on Windows by far.
    It's still in beta mode, so some features are not yet implemented but one of the new great new features exclusive to version 1607 is true background playback.
    You can now exit the app and it will play without pausing the audio/video.

<click here for link>

-- edited by juancho on Sep 11 2016, 04:56 AM
  • Microsoft looks set to “end sales” of Lumia phones this December, director mentions Surface Phone

<click here for link>
  • I guess they go x86 instead of ARM for Surface Phone. That would definitely disrupt the smartphone landscape. Windows 10 has the foundation for mobile, seeing how Surface tablets perform. Win 10 Mobile would probably be a cut down desktop Win 10, no need for a Continuum dock if using a type C USB 3.1. Put in the gorgeous screen and camera of the Lumia 950XL and you got a winner here :)
  • Welcome to Surface Phones! With lots of ported ios apps!

Wish I could go back to Micrsoft's side..

Microsoft should just give those Devs their porting app for free and let them flood the Store with their stuffs.. They gave away so much.. Can't they give some more? :D
  • There are unconfirmed reports that the Surface Phone might be delayed until fall 2017 :(
    This does not bode well for Windows Phone, as much as I am a fan of the platform, all these delays have just fizzled out a lot of the momentum the platform had back in 2014.

The delay is may be due to the fact that Intel has pulled out of the mobile chips business, their atom chips which MS was hoping to use for their Surface Phone is no longer under research and development.
    Now MS has to look for alternative chips that could run x86 programs.

<click here for link>

Again, just rumor and still unconfirmed.

In more encouraging news, MS reiterates that they are fully committed to Windows Phone.
    <click here for link>
  • AMD can provide the x86 chips if Intel doesnt want to. Put in a Polaris-lite mobile CPU on a phone and you got some very serious horsepower under the hood. VR and augmented reality on phones are just too close to reality. Plus the fact that AMD is in need of customers to stay afloat. And yeah, DX 12 and Vulkan on AMD chips ;)

As for the app gap, need we say again on the hate devs got on Microsoft? MS is actually giving money on devs just to make apps on WP
  • Here's an awesome new app for the Windows Phone faithful.

Universal Emulator
    <click here for link>

A universal application emulator that works on PC, Phone, Tablet and Hololens that enables you to play ROMS of NES, SNES, SEGA Genesis, Gameboy and Gameboy Advance games.

Demo on a Hololens
    <click here for link>
  • There are unconfirmed reports that the Surface Phone might be delayed until fall 2017 :(

andyan naman yung uber-expensive HP X3.
    Here's an awesome new app for the Windows Phone faithful.

eto ba yung nagana ang bluetooth xbox controller? anyone knows kung gagana ang generic controller?
    As for the app gap, need we say again on the hate devs got on Microsoft? MS is actually giving money on devs just to make apps on WP

if they can make x86 software run on wp10 mobile via continuum, then users can just tap bluestacks to run android apps. hehehe
  • hi
    is the acer m330 a good windows phone?

any recommendation budget is 3-4k

thanks
  • Cherry alpha mas mura hehe..
  • ^Lumia 540 or 550 is a better buy imo. Pero second hand lumia 730 is the best for the 4k price range
  • 5-6k yata ang 550..
    Pero 650 abang ko magsale hehe..
  • nagupgrade parents ko sa S7 kasi BOGO sa Tmo US last June so they sent me their old Lumia 635 hahaha

External Image
  • ^ gumagana LTE niyang 635 sa atin?
  • ^ nope wala Band 3, yung 640(gitna) gumagana lte
  • Finally! BDO fixed permissions.

online.bdo.com.ph is working again.

Browse Items

Search TipidCP

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys