User Login

TipidCP.com is the premier forum and trading portal of the Filipino mobile phone enthusiasts. Got something to say, sell, or buy? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Postpaid Unlimited Mobile Internet Plans for Smartphones

• I just got a call and surf postpaid plan 999 line only from sun a week ago. I had to wait for 24 hours for my sim to be activated. Another 12 hours before I was able to get and activate the 3G/GPRS/MMS settings. In fairness to Sun, their customer representatives were very helpful and took the initiative of tinkering with the settings to activate my mobile internet.

Another problem I encountered was the slow internet connection because I kept connecting via Edge/GSM/2G which is very slow. I finally solved the problem by forcing 3G/WCDMA connection on my phone (a Samsung Galaxy Ace). I typed the following numbers and symbols in the call function:

*#2263#

and then I chose WCDMA as preferred network and in the submenu, I chose WCDMA All.

My internet connection is now very fast and I am now a happy Call and Surf subscriber.

Hope this helps.
  • sir what is that number for? diba my option naman na 3G only sa preferred networks.
    kasi my sun plan unli call surf 999 din ako,di ko pa ngagawa ito.
    pero so far ok lng naman ang net ko,
    i wonder para san po yang *#2263# na yan,i may be missing something here.

does this mean na hndi ka na sasagap ng signal using Edge/GSM/2G -3G na lagi.
  • hi, i'm female by the way hehehe. About the *#2263# i think for samsung smartphones siya. i'm using one kasi. it will take you directly to the preferred network settings which you cannot find using the settings menu lang found on the display screen. after choosing wcdma as my preferred network, i'm now always connected via 3G. very fast internet connection na talaga kasi hindi na nagswi-switch to 2G/Edge/GSM. it took me 2 days din to scour the net looking for a way to force connect via 3G only.

wala kasing option sa samsung na preferred network connection 3G only. may option lang na 2G only to save battery. Sun mobile internet tends to connect via 2G/Edge kasi on my phone even if there's a 3G signal available.

-- edited by mrogue23 on Apr 14 2011, 11:00 AM
  • Interesting. What model of Samsung phone?
  • im a postpaid sun subscriber and i wanted either the 799 or 999 plan kaso di na pwede gamitin yung current sim and number ko. new sim and new number daw. di ko tinuloy since hassle magpalit ng number and this is my primary phone.
  • do you know how much ang pre-termination fee ng unlimited internet plan 2000 ng smart? someone is offering me kasi to continue her subscription and give me her galaxy tab for free. kaso i just want the tab. can i keep it if i pay the pre term fee? thanks for the replies!
  • I missed the new Globe Unlimted Data Plans released last month. A bit cheaper than smarts.

Plan 999 - Unlimited data, plus a freebie and you pay per minute of call and text outside the freebie.
    Plan 1799 - Unlimited data, plus three freebies and Php800 consumable.
    Plan 2499 - Unlimited data, plus five freebies and Php1,500 consumable.

<click here for link>
  • ^

i"ll be availing the Plan 1799 ^_^
  • Give us feebback on the service after you do.
  • @ Ral

Sure
  • hi guys,

balak ko kasi mag apply ng call and surf unlimited ng sun, possible ba na humingi ako ng isa pang simcard (for 3g use) for another device? gagamitin ko sana para sa ipad e.. thanks sa makakasagot..
  • One plan, 1 sim card only.

Sun has a Php799 data only plan. You can use that for your iPad.
  • sayang un din sana gusto ko ung gusto ni floydie... mahirap ba tlagang i-configure ung sim ng sun sa prepaid internet for iphone 4? tinawagan ko na hotline nila sabi nila wala daw silang configuration sa iphone 4.. Sun kasi ang may pinakamalakas na signal sa amin, globe & smart 1 bar lang at nawawala pa sa loob ng bahay.. pero pag sa labas ok naman...
  • Anyone tried yung mobile internet add-on ng Sun sa mga postpaid subscriber nila? Ung plan 649. Anyone tried it on an iphone 4?
  • new sub here of mysupersurf 999. has anyone tried downloading files using any of the android torrent clients on your mobile phone?
  • hi! planning to get the 999 call and surf unlimited bundle from Suncellular, and will use the sim I will get on the call and surf plan on my Sun Broadband Stick. I tried inquiring about this sa suncell shop. they told me its possible pero hindi daw guaranteed and speed.

Anybody tried this already? kamusta naman speed ng internet?

Thanks in advance for feedback
  • hinde ko mamaximize unli data plan 2K ko sa smart. planning to get another phone (or tab). any suggestions for an android based unit ranging from 15K - 20K? TIA!
  • LG Optimus Black looks like a good choice for the money. You should check out the Optimus Black thread here for actual user feedback.

-- edited by ral on Jul 13 2011, 10:41 AM
  • will do. thanks ral! anyone on smart unli data plan 2K using lg iptimus black? :)
  • Double post.

-- edited by ral on Jul 29 2011, 02:28 PM
  • Given that Smart has expanded their data plan offerings, might be better to continue discussion on this in the Smart Unified thread here: <click here for link>
  • Between Sun Unlisurf 999 and Globe Unlisurf 999, which one offers better internet speed? pa-help naman before i get one. TIA TCP
  • Sa akin bagal masyado ng globe.. :(
  • What is the latest on this?

Lately Globe on most parts of the metro has been very slow,
    OnMy black berry most of the time naka GPRS lang ang connection ko.

Anybody know which one is better specially makati Area?
  • has anyone tried the sun unli data 799 on postpaid mobile internet as an add-on service to plan 350?

any feedback on speed and signal in your areas especially those from muntinlupa city area?

Browse Items

Search TipidCP

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys