User Login

TipidCP.com is the premier forum and trading portal of the Filipino mobile phone enthusiasts. Got something to say, sell, or buy? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Postpaid Unlimited Mobile Internet Plans for Smartphones

• I am starting this thread so we can discuss the best postpaid plans to utilize Android, iOS, Symbian and Windows phones whether from Globe, Smart, Sun Cellular of other service providers.

Right now we have Globe's P1,200 add-on.

Smart Communications has its Unlimited Data Plans (MENSA Plans).

Sun has its Call and Surf Plans and Elite Plans.

Please post your experiences and feedback. Am looking to get a second postpaid data plan for smartphone use.

-- edited by ral on Feb 15 2011, 02:11 PM
  • smart plan 2000 - "unlimited" browsing
    globe plan 1799 - fully consumable with 5 freebies of your choice
    sun plan 450 - unlimited call/text sun to sun, 12 hours free browsing

i use smart for my tab, since it is smartlocked. reliable and fast. downside is the 1.5gb quota which is confusing since the rep told me it is unlimited..

globe naman sa iphone4, for me mas ok ang globe because of those freebies. you can pick 15hours of free internet tapos yung 1799 mo is fully consumable na. (text, idd, browsing etc)

yung sun ko naman previously was a 350 plan only kaso lagi akong may internet charge, to think na ang gamit kong phone dito is lowend lang non-gprs capable phone, kept complaining but to no avail kaya inupgrade ko na lang sa plan 450 to get a new phone na rin. i'm not using my sun for browsing kaya can't comment on that one.

-- edited by pkeaarcle on Feb 15 2011, 03:55 PM
  • question, when you say browsing, as in parang you open and read webpages? iba pa ba kung magdodownload ka ty
  • @pke

Plan is not limited to 1.5GB, but after 1.5GB a month Smart reserves the right to reduce the speed of the connection.
  • for sun call and surf unlimited plan 999

Call and Surf Unlimited 999
    Get the following:

Unlimited Mobile Internet
    Unlimited Calls and Texts*
    Calls and texts to other networks will be charged on top of the MSF, standard rates apply
    * Local Sun-to-Sun Calls and/or Texts only.

cant find the details in their website if they have the same cap like globe and smart have
    Smart Cap: 1.5GB month than slowdown.
    Globe Cap: 800MB per day than cut-off.
  • yup... pwede mo din saksak yung sun broadband sim mo sa kahit anong tablet or phone.. downside is di ka maka kuha/make ng calls but you can still recieve texts di ka nga lang maka reply...
  • In addition to the information provided above.

Feedback from DoPPel and Wamps on Sun's Call and Surf Plan's (Plan 799 and Plan 999) at this TPC thread: <click here for link>

1. There appears to be no CAP on data.
    2. There appears to be no restriction on data use. Email access is allowed.

Feedback from ryan and other users on Smart Unlimited Data Plan at Fritz Blog: <click here for link>

1. Using the Nokia N8's email client will result in addition data charges.
    2. It looks like using Microsoft Email client will result in additional data charges.
    3. Using the Google Sync (Gmail, Contacts and Google Calendar) is permissible and will not result in other data charges.
    4. There are some questions on whether or not you can use the Opera Browser.

No one has given feedback on Globe's Data plan.
  • I just noticed that the Sun Website says: <click here for link>

Plan 799:

For heavy data requirements, but at the same time have occasional voice and SMS requirements.

Plan 999:

For heavy data, voice and SMS requirements.
  • From ryeotc at the Globe users thread:

supersurf 999 from globe is the best... lage minimum of 3mbps..

solid 13gb and above per day wala talagang capping

Apparently Globe has no cap.
  • On Smart Data plan.

1. Using the Nokia N8's email client will result in addition data charges.
    2. It looks like using Microsoft Email client will result in additional data charges.
    3. Using the Google Sync (Gmail, Contacts and Google Calendar) is permissible and will not result in other data charges.
    4. There are some questions on whether or not you can use the Opera Browser.

Okay... "It looks like using Microsoft Email client will result in additional data charges."

Not sure about this. Might depend on how it is set-up.
  • @pawces confirms Globe cap at 800MB in the Samsung Galaxy Tab thread.

(i use Globe supersurf 220 for 5 days, has a 800mb limit a day though, i hit this once downloading huge files haha)
  • the best ang sa globe... 999 per month and walang capping been downloading for almost 147gb plus and going since i register mga almost 2 weeks na ata

-- edited by ryeotc on Feb 21 2011, 05:44 PM
  • prepaid has capping and their very strict about it... 800mb per day

but for postpaid i think lenient pa sila ^^ dahil hindi naman lahat gusto din mag apply ng 999 sa sim nila kasi meron naman mga internet plans talaga^^
  • @ryeotc

No cap? Now I am confused.
  • Sulit naman ba sa cellphone ang unlimited net? Kasi parang ilang oras palang ubos na battery mo...
  • been using it on my mobile (SE vivaz and c901) to upload sa facebook... surf.. youtube.. download apps and gamess

then use it sa usb stick to download files application games and media stuffs
  • No cap? Now I am confused.

i dont know for every one but if you ask me wala akong capping.. nag popost ako ngayon sa TCP using globe sim sa usb stick while downloading and streaming ^^
  • Sulit naman ba sa cellphone ang unlimited net? Kasi parang ilang oras palang ubos na battery mo...

it always depends how you use it kase and what phone you are using.. like my c901 kahit naka on ang net every hour ang refreshing ng facebook it still last 1day 1/2... pag wala net then moderate 2 1/2 days naman
  • heres my proof although hindi 147gb.. still for the day lagpas na ako ng 800mb right?
    External Image
  • @Ryeotc yung plan 999 ng globe unlimited surf yan net mobile? Anu requirements? Surf lang yung 999 how bout yung txt and call? Diba may 1200php sila na net mobile unli surf pinalitan ba nila ng plan 999
  • Yung plan ko sa sun na unlimited mobile net ayaw gumana kahit anu phone e. ayaw naman i cut ng sun badtrip. nagbbyad ako sa di ko naman nagagamit
  • yung plan 999 ng globe unlimited surf yan net mobile? Anu requirements? Surf lang yung 999 how bout yung txt and call? Diba may 1200php sila na net mobile unli surf pinalitan ba nila ng plan 999

oo yan yung supersurf for postpaid.
    requirements: dapat naka line ka lang then plus 999 on top of your bill, kung gusto mo ng unli text and call(globe to globe an globe to tm only meron din 399 naman yun

promo kasi yung 999 before 1200 kasi

-- edited by ryeotc on Feb 21 2011, 06:16 PM
  • Pano kung di ako line sa globe at like ko lang yung unli surf nila? Magkano yun?
  • Pano kung di ako line sa globe at like ko lang yung unli surf nila? Magkano yun?

prepaid ka? meron sila 50 for 1 day and 220 for 5days
  • update na umaabot ng at least 2.5mbps

External Image
  • Oo pre paid.. sun yung line ko. Minsan di ok ang pre paid ng globe mahirap mag register ng supersurf nila.. kaya like ko bmsg apply ng line pero net mobile lang sana
  • pwede naman pang mobile
  • @ryeotc

Thanks. I am satisfied with the speed of my Smart connection, but it is nowhere near that fast and of course there is the 1.5GB throttle down cap.

It looks like my problem of additional data charges has been solved. Will check in my next bill.

-- edited by ral on Feb 21 2011, 09:42 PM
  • It looks like my problem of additional data charges has been solved. Will check in my next bill.

what happen?

Browse Items

Search TipidCP

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys