User Login

TipidCP.com is the premier forum and trading portal of the Filipino mobile phone enthusiasts. Got something to say, sell, or buy? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Purchasing smart phone in aliexpress

• Sirs/Ma'am,

Ask lang po advise if okay po ba bumili ng smartphone sa aliexpress? if anyone po nka experience na what po are the pros & cons? (tax, unit quality, etc..)

Thanks
  • ^I bought a Bluetooth headphones via AliExpress. Legit items naman especially pag official store nung brand. Nagkataon lang na Chinese holiday week nung umorder ako kaya inabot ng halos 1 month bago dumating. Well-wrapped, hindi mababasa, maayos ang shipping. I picked up my item at the Post Office and paid PhP 110.00

Dapat noon may bibilhin din akong smartphone sana via AliExpress kaso na-out of stock. So far, ok naman ang shipping nila, kahit EU at US maayos at wala masyadong reklamo. Kung di ka makahintay nang matagal, I suggest pay for DHL shipping.
  • thanks po sa reply oweneighty. God bless
  • Can't speak for smartphone itself but I've had a number of transactions with aliexpress from phone cases to IEMs. Never had a bad transaction, so far.
  • Hmmm, to be honest, it can be a bit tricky.

Unbox posted an article before about importing smartphones. I've ordered nearly 40 times from Aliexpress and our post here has thankfully not lost one of my orders. However, it can be tricky sometimes when posting electronics.

I've only ordered one electronics product from Aliexpress, a cheapo tablet that costs 3,300. Pagdating dito ayaw mag-on. Thankfully naayos naman ng mga taga-Greenhills. It'll be a problem kung lemon ang unit mo; almost all couriers denied me sending electronics back to China.

Second are the permits you have to get. I was half-expecting that I'll need to get an NTC permit to get my hands on the tablet but I got lucky when the local post delivered it to me. It was via Singpost EMS which is risky in terms of "detection" from customs officials.

Third is warranty and parts availability. If the battery of your smartphone gets busted and if there is no local counterpart for it, you'd be out of luck; naked batteries are impossible if not more expensive to ship here than the items themselves and you'd end up having an expensive paperweight.

If I were you, try scouting your phone first in the Facebook marketplace, olx or heck even here in tipidcp. Chances are it could be there. Second, try ordering from Shopee or Lazada. Shopee has some items which Aliexpress has at the convenience of tracking and being spared from customs eyes.

However, if you're still on for it, just consider the hoops you'd be having getting it.

As for that tablet, after less than 5 months, ayun, nanakaw.

-- edited by Ady001 on Aug 20 2018, 02:06 AM
  • pros: mura ng konti

cons:
    warranty
    2-3 months pag City ka mas matagal arrival
    malaki chance na tampered rom
    10k and Above bayad ka tax ( ex item is P11,000 ) + P112 Postal me + 30% ng value nya = P13,300

Browse Items

Search TipidCP

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys