User Login

TipidCP.com is the premier forum and trading portal of the Filipino mobile phone enthusiasts. Got something to say, sell, or buy? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

Huawei has lost access to Android and Google

• <click here for link>

NEWS2 hours ago
    Huawei has immediately lost access to Android and Google
    ---
    Google has suspended business operations with Huawei effectively immediately, a forced move that will have a dramatic impact on Huawei devices across the globe.

According to Reuters, citing a source close to the matter, Google was forced into suspending business with Huawei that “requires the transfer of hardware and software products.”

“Huawei Technologies Co Ltd will immediately lose access to updates to the Android operating system, and the next version of its smartphones outside of China will also lose access to popular applications and services including the Google Play Store and Gmail app,” Reuters noted.

This effectively means no further Android security updates for devices new and old, including the recent P30 and P30 Pro, Mate 20 Pro, and many more.

Google’s actions come after the U.S. Commerce Department’s announcement on Wednesday, which placed Huawei and some 68 affiliates on a so-called Entity List, a trade blacklist, following an executive order signed by U.S. President Trump.

This is the same list that ZTE was added to and subsequently removed from, over the course of 2018, which caused it massive disruption. Huawei is now effectively forbidden from buying parts and components from U.S. companies without U.S. government approval – which includes Android.

This is, of course, a massive blow if the story is accurate. One of Huawei’s arms, its HiSilicon chip division, had stated it has “long been ready” for any ban, while Huawei has previously mentioned it has been preparing for six years or more for any ban of Android. Honor, a sub-brand of Huawei, had been set to launch the Honor 20 on Tuesday May 21, in London — it’s unclear what will now happen.

The Chinese giant said in a statement earlier this week that it was “against the decision made by the Bureau of Industry and Security of the U.S. Department of Commerce.”

Android Authority has contacted Huawei and Google for comment.

This is a developing story.

• Ang tatamaan nya is yung mga future devices ibig sabihin wala ng pre-installed Playstore, Gmail, Google Apps mga devices ng Huawei but of course since widely available sa net mga apks ng halos lahat ng apps pwede pa din maka-install ng mga Google apps. As for the Android OS, open-source sya so magagamit pa din sya ng kahit sino including Huawei though possible na magkaroon ng delays sa updates and patches.
  • You can use mobogenie as substitute or kaya aptoide. Pero syempre iba parin pag official google playstore talaga. So yung mga medyo di marunong masyado sa phone baka medyo maging issue sa kanila to. Definitely will affect huawei sales.
  • Not just future device but also existing devices wala ng update. So parang China version nalang...walang google services..
  • Not just future device but also existing devices wala ng update. So parang China version nalang...walang google services..

Please do your homework first before commenting. This is a serious matter and spreading inaccurate info won't help.

Popular Google apps such as Gmail, YouTube and the Chrome browser that are available through Google’s Play Store will disappear from future Huawei handsets as those services are not covered by the open source license and require a commercial agreement with Google.

But users of existing Huawei devices who have access to the Google Play Store will still be able to download app updates provided by Google. Apps such as Gmail are updated through the store, unlike operating system updates which are typically handled by phone manufacturers and telecoms carriers, which the blacklist could affect, the source said.

<click here for link>
  • Please stop the hate and do your homework first before commenting. Just like in the FB group daming MEMA comments wala naman sense and obviously walang katotohanan info nila lolz

Popular Google apps such as Gmail, YouTube and the Chrome browser that are available through Google’s Play Store will disappear from future Huawei handsets as those services are not covered by the open source license and require a commercial agreement with Google.

But users of existing Huawei devices who have access to the Google Play Store will still be able to download app updates provided by Google. Apps such as Gmail are updated through the store, unlike operating system updates which are typically handled by phone manufacturers and telecoms carriers, which the blacklist could affect, the source said.

<click here for link>
  • Amen

+1
  • I wonder if China's government would retaliate against the US with a blacklist of their own.
  • just leaving a link here:
    <click here for link>

just click around the links in the article for various sources

For Short: NO, current phones and past phones sold, being sold and announced to be sold will still have full google access. Later future models lang ang affected.

-- edited by cloud08 on May 20 2019, 05:09 PM
  • Ban temp Lifted

<click here for link>

<click here for link>
  • I feel sad that just because of the US-China trade war, a lot of consumers are being affected. Huawei is a very innovative company and they offer excellent value for money phones. I just feel bad that people (especially us, Filipinos) will stay away from Huawei phones because of the thought of longer system support. Looking at the recent article, Google already removed the Mate 20 Pro in their Android Q Beta Program list. I think that some older Huawei phones will also have the same fate as well as other Chinese mobile and network manufacturers. I am not being political here, but United States of America is a discreet bully.
  • If I have an existing Huawei phone, I know that I shouldn't worry about my apps getting updated. Pero does this mean wala nang OS update ang phone ko in the future? Super bago pa kasi ng P30 Pro ko hahahaha.
  • just my 2 centavos on this:
    I feel sad that just because of the US-China trade war,

quite true... probably those 'murrican are paranoid on espionage issues on china... they literally taxed heavily on china products

so far Huawei as a tech company seems doing a fine job than Samsung or LG on the mobile phones.... and not just Huawei are affected to these Trade war.... think Oppo, Vivo, OnePlus, ZTE and even Xiaomi are greatly affected to this

This is ridiculous. You might want to read first than spreading a false info.
  • A lot of people are becoming more concerned on their Huawei devices. Some are selling it at irresistible prices. Come to think of it, although the ban is lifted for 90 days, meaning Huawei can prepare the update of their existing (capable) devices to Android Q. But that's it. Yes, Google Play services will still work but to update them in the future is a question. So meaning, all existing Huawei devices will get stuck to whatever Android version they have or will have. Sayang Huawei is doing great in terms of the smartphone competition with their value for money as well as innovation and hardware.
  • If I have an existing Huawei phone, I know that I shouldn't worry about my apps getting updated. Pero does this mean wala nang OS update ang phone ko in the future? Super bago pa kasi ng P30 Pro ko hahahaha.

Huawei and Honor phones MAY still receive updates po pero at a slower pace compared to licensed manufacturers. Since irerelease sa open source ang latter versions of android.

The con is, si Huawei na ang responsible mag release ng security updates for their builds since Google won't help them anymore after their 90 day temporary license

-- edited by tsini1234 on May 25 2019, 12:30 PM

-- edited by tsini1234 on May 25 2019, 12:31 PM
  • Huawei also got ARM, SD and Wifi problems.
  • Huawei also got ARM, SD and Wifi problems.
    kaya pala gumawa na sila ng bagong storage standard, naamoy na nila yung magiging issue nila.

i really hope that this would get resolved, they make great phones that I want to buy
  • Well para nalang bumili ng Local Brands.. You don't expect it to be updated...

di naman siguro tayo papabayaan ng Custom Roms
  • Imho, its too early to arrive at final conclusion at this point. From what I have been reading this is just a ploy by the Trump administration to hold Huawei hostage so they can leverage whatever they want but eventually they will lift the ban once they're satisfied with their trade deals with China.
  • Well para nalang bumili ng Local Brands.. You don't expect it to be updated...

Sana lang din pareho sila ng price he he he....

Noob question lang.... hindi mo na ba magagamit ang gmail at chrome pag natuluyan?
  • Confirmed: Huawei OS will be compatible with all Android applications
    <click here for link>

<click here for link>

External Image
  • You don't expect it to be updated...

Honestly, Android seems to have already peaked and could no longer offer us anything significant anyway except some customization options and enhancements which are not really groundbreaking if you'll look at it.

Noob question lang.... hindi mo na ba magagamit ang gmail at chrome pag natuluyan?

No issues for existing devices even Google confirms this. Its a different story for future devices though.
  • <click here for link>

good news, Huawei can still use these technologies
  • Source: <click here for link>

Facebook to cut off Huawei to comply with US sanctions

Julie Charpentrat (Agence France-Presse) - June 8, 2019 - 9:57am
    SAN FRANCISCO, United States — Facebook said Friday it would cut off Huawei from its popular social networking apps to comply with US sanctions, further isolating the Chinese tech giant considered a national security threat by Washington.

The social media giant said it took the step after President Donald Trump's order barring Huawei from US technology exports over concerns that it works with Chinese intelligence.

"We are reviewing the Commerce Department's final rule and the more recently issued temporary general license and taking steps to ensure compliance," a Facebook spokesperson told AFP.

The California company said people with existing Huawei smartphones with Facebook apps will continue to be able to use and download app updates provided by Facebook.

The move by Facebook is the latest to isolate Huawei, which had become the world's second largest smartphone vendor despite security concerns voiced in Washington.

Read more at https://www.philstar.com/business/technology/2019/06/08/1924730/facebook-cut-huawei-comply-us-sanctions#OP3jel83hD4TzCx2.99

Browse Items

Search TipidCP

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys