User Login

TipidCP.com is the premier forum and trading portal of the Filipino mobile phone enthusiasts. Got something to say, sell, or buy? Sign up for an account now. It's absolutely free!

Forum Topic

The Samsung S20/ S20 Plus/ S20 Ultra

• officially unveiled today

<click here for link>

<click here for link>
  • ang mahal :(

-- edited by artsky on Feb 13 2020, 02:49 PM
  • S20 Ultra model that will be sold in the PH is the SM-G988BZKDXTC. As per chat support, it's an LTE version only. No 5G. I deferred my pre-order. I will just wait for the Note 20 or whatever they will call it. If I were to buy at that premium it should at least have the 5G capability.
  • Take note that Samsung's telephoto lens on the S20 and S20+ is not even a true optical zoom lens just a high-resolution sensor that is capable of lossless zoom. Just check the focal length of the telephoto lens which is 28mm compared to the 26mm of the main wide lens. Hybrid optical zoom on both is just a marketing gimmick.

Only the S20 Ultra has real physical zooming capabilities!
  • so it seems the S10 would be a better deal at this time due to the price drop?
  • I read in an article somewhere, (forgot what it was) that S20 Ultra that will be sold in Ph is the 5G version, only disabled but will eventually be enabled (via future software update) once 5G network gets widely rolled out.

-- edited by enzorrific on Feb 27 2020, 12:46 PM
  • Are we still getting the Exynos version?
  • Yesterday I passed by Samsung store in SM Aura. I just noticed that the S20 Ultra units in display is not a physical dual-sim like my note 10+ (where one of the SIM slot is hybrid - either SIM or microSD). On the S20 Ultra, the other SIM is an e-SIM.

I stand corrected: 3 IMEI na nakita ko sa box ng S20 Ultra - 2 sa physical SIM at 1 sa eSIM.

-- edited by dkapitan on Mar 09 2020, 12:49 PM
  • Riffmaster Send Message View User Items on February 27, 2020 09:21 PM

Are we still getting the Exynos version?

Official release, yes and always
  • I tried navigating the phone when I was in Glorietta prior to the quarantine period. All I can say is that pareho lang ng S10 Plus ko. Same experience and almost the same build. The only notable differences are:

1. Camera - But not too much. My phone still takes decent and excellent photos so not a huge thing for me.

2. 120hz Refresh Rate - It is good but not a necessity. Plus it consumes more power.

In my opinion, the S20 Lineup is not a significant upgrade from last year. You just get a new punch hole, camera design and minor improvements. Not worth the upgrade lalo na sa pricetag nila. I am not saying that the S20 Lineup is bad. They are good phones but only offer incremental upgrades. Will just wait for the next lineup (Note 11 / Note 20) to see if they will offer major design and experience upgrade.

Browse Items

Search TipidCP

New Items for Sale

New Want to Buys

Active Items for Sale

Active Want to Buys